What is Toastmasters and how can it benefit you?
Since 1924, more than 4 million people around the world have become more confident speakers and leaders because of their participation in Toastmasters.
Toastmasters International is a world leader in communication and leadership development. Today, worldwide membership is 315,000 strong. These members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 14,350 clubs in 126 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations.
Membership in Toastmasters is one of the greatest investments you can make in yourself. It is also one of the most cost-effective skill-building tools available anywhere. Read more about the Features, Benefits and Value of a Toastmasters International membership.
How Does It Work?
- A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere surrounded by positive and friendly people who all come for the same purpose, to improve .
- There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another’s presentations.Members give constructive feedback letting you know how you can improve. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success.
- The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is an exciting, flexible and interactive way to develop your skills and help others in your club develop theirs. Pathways help you learn communication and leadership skills that you need to succeed. It gives you:
- The opportunity to build up to 300 unique competencies
- 10 specialized learning paths to choose from
- Online content, so that you can learn anytime, anywhere
- Real-world, transferable skills
* Information on this page has been taken from http://www.toastmasters.org